Vivid Retention System
ODL’s Vivid clear retainers are resistant to breakage and hold their form over time. They resist staining more than any other plastic on the market and are ideal for retention. For your convenience, we archive the patients’ digital dentition in a secure database so we can 3D print a new model and manufacture a replacement retainer without a new impression. Included in the package are 2-4 upper and lower clear retainers, digital bracket removal, and upper and lower 3D prints starting at $79. This is the perfect compliment to Vivid Aligners.
Digital Bracket Removal
With every set of clear retainers, ODL will digitally remove the brackets from the STL files. This means you can deliver the clear retainers on the day of the patients debonding eliminating the risk of movement. For those removing brackets and taking a clean impression, if there is minor relapse from the time of the brackets being removed to the delivery of the retainers, the retainers will act as aligners and bring back into alignment.
With every Vivid Retention case, we also supply you with a set of the 3D printed models. This works well when a patient loses a retainer and you have access to a pressure or vacuum forming machine to easily replace.
Prescribing a Case
For easyrx users:
- log into your account and create a new prescription. For new users refer to our easyrx guide.
- Navigate to the Vivid section under the canvas on the Prescription Workspace.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose which material and how many under “Retention”.
- Save and close the Vivid window.
- Be sure to enter you iTero Case ID under uploads or drag and drop the STL files directly into the upload tab.
- Proceed to Checkout and follow the rest of the process
If sending a plaster cast write “vivid retention” on the slip. An additional $20 will be added to convert the models to STL files as Vivid Retention is a digitally produced product.
Treatment & Care
Patients should wear vivid retention clear retainers for 22 hours a day and clean daily with toothpaste to prevent the buildup of plaque and odor. Avoid Efferdent and other effervescent solutions, as it may erode components on the appliance. It is recommended to use products like DentaSoak or Retainer Splash.
- Plastic: Raintree Essix Plus
- Upgraded Plastic: Zendura